Detailed CV is here
PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) 2005- 2010.
- Research Advisor: Dr. M. J. Leamy
Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Tech, 2010.
- Course Work (10 courses): Linear Systems and Controls, Nonlinear Systems and Control, Introduction to Microelectronic Theory, Fourier Techniques and Signal Analysis, Adaptive Control, Analysis I, Differential Geometry, Carbon Nanotube Electronics, PDE in Image Processing, Microelectromechanical Devices.
Master of Science in Mathematics, Georgia Tech, 2009.
- Course Work (10 courses): Differential Geometry I, Ordinary Differential Equations I, Calculus of Variations, Topology of Euclidean Spaces, Dynamics and Bifurcations I, Dynamics of Mechanical Systems, Vibration of Mechanical Systems, Nonlinear Systems, Introduction to Hilbert Spaces, Real Analysis I.
Master of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada, 2001- 2003.
- Thesis Title: Enhancement of Ultrasonic B-Scan Images.
- Course Work: Advanced Principles of Measurement, Advanced Dynamics, Advanced Mechatronics, Solid Mechanics, Partial Differential Equations.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2000.
- Graduated with highest GPA in Mechanical Engineering of the Class of 2000.
- F. Farzbod, J. Dong, “Adaptive piezoelectric array for bone conduction receiver in wearable computers," US Patent #: 9547175
- F. Farzbod, M.K. Morishita; J. Dong; R. Herr, “Microphone Arranged in Cavity for Enhanced Voice Isolation ," US Patent #: 9596536
- F. Farzbod and O. Scott-Emuakpor, "Interactions beyond nearest neighbors in a periodic structure: Force analysis," International Journal of Solids and Structures, 199, pp. 203-211, 2020.
- F. Farzbod and O. Scott-Emuakpor, "Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy: Sensitivity Analysis for Isotropic Materials and Anisotropic Materials with Cubic Symmetry," Journal of Vibration and Acoustics-Transactions of the ASME, 141(2), 2019.
- F. Farzbod, M. Naghdi and P.M. Goggans, "Using Liquid Metal in an Electromechanical Motor with Breathing Mode Motion," Journal of Vibration and Acoustics-Transactions of the ASME, 141(1), 2019.
- M. Naghdi, F Farzbod, “Acoustic Nonreciprocity in Coriolis Mean Flow Systems,” The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 143 (1), 230-236, 2018.
- F. Farzbod, “Number of Wavevectors for Each Frequency in Dispersion Curves of a Periodic Structure,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics-Transactions of the ASME, 139(5), 2017.
- F. Farzbod, “Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy for a Sample with Cantilever Boundary Condition Using Rayleigh-Ritz Method,” Journal of Applied Physics, 114(2), 2013.
- S. J. Reese, Z. N. Utegulov, F. Farzbod, R. S. Schley, and D. H. Hurley, “Examination of the epicentral waveform for laser ultrasound in the melting regime,” Ultrasonics, 53 (3), 2013.
- F. Farzbod and D. H. Hurley, “Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy: Using Eigenmodes to Perform the Inverse Problem Associated with Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, 59(11), 2012.
this paper was featured on the cover:
- D. H. Hurley; S. J. Reese; F. Farzbod, “Application of Laser-based Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy to Study Texture in Copper,” Journal of Applied Physics, 111(5), 2012.
- F. Farzbod and M.J. Leamy, “Analysis of Bloch's Method in Structures with Energy Dissipation,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 133(5), 2011.
- F. Farzbod and M.J. Leamy, “Analysis of Bloch's Method and the Propagation Technique in Periodic Structures," Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 133(3), 2011.
- F. Farzbod and M.J. Leamy, “The Treatment of Forces in Bloch Analysis,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 325(3), 2009.
Refereed Conference Papers
- P. Goggans, F. Farzbod, M. Naghdi, and D. Waddell1, "Design of a Novel Electrodynamic Vibrotactile Stimulator for Use in MRI," 2017 Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona, 2017.
- F Farzbod, MJ Leamy, "Breaking time reversal symmetry with Coriolis mean flow systems," Invited talk, The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 140 (4), 3048-3048, 2016.
- Z. N. Utegulov, F. Farzbod, S. J. Reese, R. S. Schley, and D. H. Hurley,“Localized detection of phase transformation in tungsten using laser ultrasonics,” 18th Symposium on ThermophysicalProperties, Boulder, Colorado, June 24 - 29, 2012.
- D. Hurley, S. Reese, F. Farzbod, R. Kennedy, “Characterization of High Temperature Mechanical Properties Using Laser Ultrasound”, International High Power Laser Ablation Conference, Santa Fe, NM, Apr.30-May 4, 2012.
- F. Farzbod, S. Reese, D. H. Hurley, "Investigating Internal Friction with Laser Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy," ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Denver, Colorado, Nov. 11-17, 2011.
- F. Farzbod, D. H. Hurley, "Measuring Crystal Orientation by Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy," IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium, Orlando, Florida, Oct. 18-21, 2011.
- F. Farzbod and M.J. Leamy, “Analysis of Bloch's Method in Structures with Energy Dissipation: 1-D structures”, ASME 2010 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, Vancouver, BC, Nov 12-18, 2010.
- M.J. Leamy and F. Farzbod, "Multi-Scale Finite Element-Based Phonon Dispersion Calculations: Approach and Application to Carbon Nanotubes," 10th U.S. National Congress for Computational Mechanics, Columbus, OH, July 16-19, 2009.
- M. Jastrzebski, T. Dusatko, F. Farzbod and A.N. Sinclair “Enhancement OF Synthetic Aperture Focusing Technique (SAFT) by Advanced Signal Processing,” World Conference on NDT, Montreal, Canada, Aug 30 - Sep 3, 2004.
- F. Honarvar, T. Dusatko, Y. Fan, F. Farzbod, M. Moles and A. Sinclair “A novel signal processing technique for enhancement of time-of-flight diffraction (TOEFD) signals,” International Chemical and Petroleum Industry Inspection Technology (ICPIIT) VIII conference. Houston, 18-21 June 2003.